Share Plate Terms and Conditions
Thanks for being part of the Dietitians Australia’s community space, Share Plate.
Share Plate is a place to gather with your peers, share research and advice, grow your network and take part in informative conversations.
But there are some rules and guidelines which all participants must follow.
By joining Share Plate, you agree you have read and will follow these community rules and privacy guidelines.
Dietitians Australia (DA) reserves the right to delete content (without notice) or suspend and/or terminate membership for anyone who violates these rules.
Community rules and guidelines
- Don't use aliases or pseudonyms.
- Be friendly, constructive and respectful.
- Accept responsibility for all material you publish.
- Accept responsibility for a discussion you have started to keep it on topic.
- Stay on topic. Start a new thread for a new topic.
- Don't send or post anything unlawful (for example, anything indecent, racist, defamatory, harassing or threatening).
- Don't post anything intended to disrupt or vandalise the service.
- Don't post anyone's personal details, whether they are in or outside the community.
- Don't post private email anywhere in the community.
- Extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Find out who else is commenting on the topic and cite them; be generous.
- Focus on the content of posts; not on the people making them.
- Present opinions and positions in a professional, tactful and moderate fashion.
Respect the purpose of the community
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are prohibited. Don't post anything you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post or personally message surveys, polls or data collection.*
- Post your message or documents to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response.
- Respect intellectual property and declare any real or potential conflicts of interest. Only post content you have personally created or have permission to use. Always properly attribute the content creator.
- Use caution when discussing products. Only promote products, services, opportunities or events listed on the DAA website and are relevant to the discussion.*
- Use the community to share successes, challenges, research, constructive feedback, questions, and goals.
- When posting resources in our collaborative environment, please state if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any materials you would like to reuse.
* Unless approved by the DA Team
- Clearly state the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond appropriately to your posting. It also makes it easier for members to search by subject.
- Send messages such as 'thanks for the information' to individuals, not the entire list. Do this by using the 'Reply to Sender' link in each message.
- Don't send administrative messages, such as 'remove me from the list', to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings. If you are changing email addresses, you don't need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings under ‘My Account’ on your profile page.
This site is provided as a service for members of Dietitians Australia.
DA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties regarding information posted on this site, whether posted by DA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall DA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
In addition, the posting party grants DA and users of this site the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate:
- prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale.
- salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data.
- market shares, sales territories, or markets.
- allocation of customers or territories.
- selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Dietitians Australia does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention we will take all appropriate action.
Dietitians Australia reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Membership of Dietitians Australia is membership of Dietitians Association of Australia. All fees will be paid to, and all benefits received from Dietitians Association of Australia.
Dietitians Australia and the associated logo is a trademark of the Dietitians Association of Australia.